Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pop Quiz!

If you see this...

...what disease do you probably have?

Hint #1: this blackening in the flesh is the source of one of the common names of the disease, and despite what it may look like in the picture, is not due to fire or otherwise burned flesh.

Hint #2: this disease is endemic (naturally-occurring) in the four corners states.

Hint #3: If you DO actually have this disease, then by the time you see these symptoms, if you aren't already on antibiotics (meaning...it's caused by bacteria), then you'll soon be dead.

Anyone? Marissa, you're not allowed to answer.

UPDATE: The answer will be posted on Friday, April 17.

5 comments:

Marissa of Ris C Handmade said...

I totally knew the answer after just the first hint. I was all excited until I saw that I could not answer. I guess thats fair though.

JNew said...

do i want to know? i'll be happy if i never see that picture again

snowbird said...

Okay, that's just gross.

James and Liz said...

That picture is gross. Jake, leave it to you to have nasty pictures like that. I still remember your power points you showed me that one time of STDs.

Anonymous said...

Is is frost bite?